You have no items in your shopping basket.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the following carefully.
- What information do we collect about you
- Verifying your age
- What do we do with information we collect about you
- Where do we store our information about you
- Your rights
- Changes to this Policy
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you
We collect and process the following data about you (‘your information’):
- information that you submit online via the Website;
- any correspondence you send to us;
- details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things, traffic data and communication data); and
- details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through the Website.
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
You are not required to provide us with any information, but if you do not provide certain key information, we may not be able to provide you with all of our products and services. For example, if you do not provide us with information to enable us to verify your age, we may be unable to transact with you. See further below.
Verifying your age
As this Website relates to vaping and vaping products, we must make sure that users paying by debit card only are verified on the Website and are aged 18 years or over. Failing age verification will mean you cannot complete a purchase.
In order to enable us to do this we will require certain information about you. This will then be passed to our service provider (GB Group plc) who will check it against public sources of information to deliver confirmation, usually in real time.
In order to verify your identity, we may also require you to provide demographic information (such as gender and birth date) and additional personally identifiable information which may be used by GB Group Plc to verify your details and may include;
- Passport number; or
- Driving licence number.
This information is checked against secure independent data sources, such as the electoral roll, in order to help verify identity.
The verification process may include disclosing your information to third party data providers including credit reference agencies. The data providers may check the details supplied against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access.
Any verification check with a credit reference agency will be registered as an ‘unrecorded enquiry’ on your credit report. An unrecorded enquiry means that the search was not made for lending purposes and it is only included on your credit report so that you know the search was made. It is not visible to lenders so it does not affect your credit rating or score when you apply for credit. As part of this process, we will not receive any additional information from the credit reference agency about you.
In some cases, we may need to ask for further information in order to verify your age. If this is necessary, we will contact you to explain why.
What we do with information we collect about you
Use of information
We use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Website’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, Website performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Website, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (where necessary, after obtaining your consent);
- to personalise the marketing communications we send you;
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to verify your age (see the section above for further details);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in the features of the Website, when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the Website and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertising partners. The information we report to our partners is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns which does not identify any individual.
We collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the Website and sales and traffic patterns. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users: it just contains generalised information about the users of the Website.
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary. Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access are generally kept for [365 days]. Transactional data is kept for 7 years. After that time, we may aggregate the data and retain it for analytical purposes.
If you are an existing customer or if you have made a sales enquiry, we may contact you by email / telephone / post with information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
Otherwise, we may contact you by email / telephone / post only if you consent.
Where appropriate and with your consent, we may also pass your information to other organisations who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services by email / telephone / post.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant boxes during the order process when we collect your information. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing your information
With whom do we share your information? We may share your information with other organisations:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets;
- with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006;
- with business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you; and
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce or apply our Terms or any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers, etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share the non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the Website with third parties.
We may also share your information with selected third parties for the purposes of credit card clearance/credit reference/order fulfilment/delivery/data analysis/customer support/storage services.
We may pass your email address to selected third parties (as described above under the heading of ‘Marketing’) provided that you have explicitly consented to this when we take your order.
We do not send any personal information that we collect about you on the Website to any social media sites that you link to your account, e.g. Facebook, nor do we share that information with such sites. We do not collect any personal information about you from those sites.
What is our legal basis for using your information
There are different legal bases that we rely on to use your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract – The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform a contract that you have with us. For example, when you buy a product from us, we need to use your personal information to process your order, send you your product, and respond to any requests you may have. We also need to use your personal information to enable you to use some parts of the Website, and to notify you about changes to our services.
- Legal obligation – as explained above, we have a legal obligation to ensure that we do not sell our vaping products to people under 18 years old. We need to carry out age verification checks in order to comply with this obligation.
- Legitimate interests – We have a legitimate interest in using your information in the other ways described in this policy, for example to improve and personalise our products, services, and the Website, and to conduct certain marketing and market research activities,
We may make automated decisions about you based on your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to select personalized offers, discounts or recommendations to send you based on your shopping history, Website browsing history, and other information you provide to us; and
- in order to verify your age when you attempt to buy vaping products from us (see the explanation above for further information about this).
Where do we store our information about you
All your information is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be stored on Worldpay hosting services. Any actions you perform on the Website which are related to your account will be encrypted. If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of the Website, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible. Please also see our Conditions of Sale.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Website may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
Where do we transfer your information?
We may transfer your information to, or store it in, countries located outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) which do not have as developed data protection laws. It may also be processed by staff at our affiliates, suppliers, agents or appointed representatives’ offices overseas.
If your information is transferred overseas, we will put in place adequate mechanisms, such as contractual safeguards, in order to protect it. You can ask to see these by contacting us using the contact details below.
You can access and update certain parts of your personal information by logging into your account.
Consistent with legal requirements and limitations, you can also ask us:
- to see what personal information we hold about you;
- to update the information we hold about you;
- to erase your personal information;
- not to process your personal information in a particular way;
- to port your personal information; and
- to restrict our use of your personal information.
Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an automatic email.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can tick the appropriate box on the forms when we collect your information or later at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
How to contact us
Nicoventures Trading Ltd
One Eton Street
Richmond Upon Thames